Former UFC light heavyweight champion Vitor Belfort has been a free agent since his loss to Lyoto Machida UFC 224, but the 41-year-old Brazilian is eyeing a comeback.
Late last year Belfort (26-14) told ESPN he was in discussion with several promotions about his post-UFC career. It looks those talks have well and truly advanced and taken “The Phenom” to ONE Championship.
Thank you to my bro Vitor Belfort for spending the day here at ONE Championship! Catch him tomorrow night cageside as my guest! And stay tuned for some big news! @vitorbelfort #WeAreONE pic.twitter.com/f2zIkhYYgq
— Chatri Sityodtong (@yodchatri) February 21, 2019
Belfort snapped a photo with ONE CEO Chatri Sityodtong at ONE’s HQ in Singapore today. Throw in a session at Evolve MMA later in the day and the picture starts to look clearer.
“Thank you to Vitor Belfort for spending the day here at ONE Championship,” Sityodtong said in a Facebook post. “Catch him tomorrow night cageside as my guest! And stay tuned for some big news.”
Should Belfort sign on the dotted line, he will be joining a growing list of former UFC colleagues including Eddie Alvarez, Demetrious Johnson, Sage Northcutt, Yoshihiro Akiyama and its latest addition of Yushin Okami.