Top Japanese prospect Yoshinori Horie will make his Octagon debut later this month when he steps up to face Hakeem Dawodu at UFC 240 in Edmonton.
The former Pancrase standout brings an 8-1 record to the UFC. Six of those wins have come via knockout – four within the first round. The 24-year-old is coming off a sensational first-round TKO of Hiroshige Tanaka at Pancrase 303.
Horie trains at Alliance alongside the likes of DEEP veteran Yuta Watanabe and Pancrase featherweight Takuya Saito.
His UFC will see him square off against Canadian standout Hakeem Dawodu, who makes the UFC walk for a fourth time. Dawodu (9-1-) has won his last two fights, defeating Kyle Bochniak at UFC 231 in Toronto and Austin Arnett at UFC on FOX 30 in Calgary.
UFC 240 will be headlined by a featherweight title bout between champion Max Holloway and challenger Frankie Edgar.
South Korea’s Choi Seung-Woo returns for his second UFC outing against Gavin Tucker.
UFC 240 card now includes:
· Max Holloway vs. Frankie Edgar
· Cris Cyborg vs. Felicia Spencer
· Erik Koch vs. Kyle Stewart
· Gillian Robertson vs. Sarah Frota
· Alexandre Pantoja vs. Deiveson Figueiredo
· Gavin Tucker vs. Choi Seung-Woo
· Viviane Araujo vs. Alexis Davis
· Olivier Aubin-Mercier vs. Arman Tsarukyan
· Krzysztof Jotko vs. Marc-Andre Barriault
· Tanner Boser vs. Giacomo Lemos
· Geoff Neal vs. Niko Price
· Hakeem Dawodu vs. Yoshinori Horie