URCC announces initiation of Hall Of Fame Awards


Screen Shot 2013-09-18 at 8.03.41 PM

The URCC has just announced a swing back into action with an event to celebrate the most notable fighters over the past decade of its promotion in the Philippines. The URCC “Asian MMA Hall Of Fame Awards” are now open to public nomination via the URCC Facebook page and by email. The winner will come from a process of public and MMA journalist voting from the top five nominees in each category (there are a whopping 13 of them) after voting closes on September 27.  The Hall Of Fame event is tentatively scheduled for late October, a source in the promotion said.

Press release (originally posted on the URCC website here):

URCC Asian MMA Hall of Fame Awards

September 18, 2013 – It has been our passion to support and develop MMA in the Philippines and as we got bigger this passion has transcended into the whole of Asia. This passion is what has kept us in this business for more than 10 years, the longest MMA promotion in Asia. The sport has grown by leaps and bounds over the last decade and we believe it is time that we look back and honor the people who have given us so much inside the ring and the cage.

We would like to proudly announce that the Universal Reality Combat Championships, the Philippines first and biggest MMA promotion will now be holding ASIA’s first ever MMA HALL OF FAME AWARDS. In this regard we would like to announce that it is now accepting nominations for the following:

The mechanics for this will be as follows:

We will be taking in nominees on the official URCC Facebook page and through the official URCC Asian MMA Hall of Fame email address urccawards@urccmma.com where the fans and teams can post or send in their nominees. We will then tally all the entries and post the Top 5 of each category on the URCC Facebook page. Our fans can then vote for who they want to win for each category by “liking” the picture of who they want to vote that we will be posting on the URCC Facebook page. Total votes of the fans through Facebook like will amount to 60% of the total score while the other 40% will be through the votes of our judges who will then be composed of the different MMA journalists that has been tirelessly writing about our great sport since the beginning.

The awards will then be given out during the URCC Asian MMA Hall of Fame event where we will celebrate the growth of Asian MMA by looking back on the achievements of the people who helped build it.

You can send in or post your nominations as of today, September 18, 2013 and we will be closing the nominations on September 27, 2013 so get your nominations in early so that they have the chance of being honored and celebrated.

We look forward to your nominees and we cannot wait to thank and honor all of our idols come awards night! Let’s support our Asian MMA fighters by supporting this event! This if for them!