Louis Smolka has re-signed with the UFC and will return as a late replacement on next week’s UFC Beijing card.
Smolka (13-5) will make his octagon return on short notice to face Sumudaerji Sumudaerji (10-2) in a bantamweight bout at UFC Fight Night 141. The event takes place on 24 November at the Cadillac Arena in Beijing.
After a handful of fights with Pacific Xtreme Combat, Smolka made his UFC debut in 2014 and went on to win five of six fights for the promotion. His next four we not successful and the Hawaiian was given his marching orders.
His bantamweight bout in Beijing will be his first UFC fight since December 2017, where he lost a unanimous decision to Matheus Nicolau.
His opponent was the first fighter from Tibet to be signed to the UFC. He owns a 10-2 record, with all of his wins coming by way of knockout or submission, and brings a three-fight win streak into his Octagon debut.
UFC Beijing card includes:
· Francis Ngannou vs. Curtis Blaydes
· Alistair Overeem vs. Sergey Pavlovich
· Song Yadong vs. Frankie Saenz
· David Zawada vs. Li Jingliang
· Song Kenan vs. Alex Morono
· Hu Yaozong vs. Rashad Coulter
· Wu Yanan vs. Lauren Mueller
· Zhang Weili vs. Jessica Aguilar
· Yan Xiaonan vs. Syuri Kondo
· Sumudaerji vs. Louis Smolka